Working as part of the digital team, the Trainee Event Organiser will contribute to the social media strategy for all KOL and partner brands including cosmetics and lifestyle magazines. The successful candidate will learn how to create and produce successful events.
KOL Social is a cultural magazine for people of colour. A voice for diverse groups, the quarterly publication is committed to sharing the experiences and perspectives of Black, Asian and Ethnic groups from around the world. A combination of stunning photography and ground-breaking stories, the KOL Social provides lifestyle, entertainment news, reviews and social commentary. It is sold in retail outlets in the UK nationwide as well as from the website.
- You will receive on the job training and support from colleagues for the following:
- Provide support to the director in the planning and delivery of marketing campaigns to promote events
- Provide support in the planning and delivery of investment strategy/product marketing campaigns across London
- Maintain events calendar
- Attend events when necessary, to assist with logistics and host attendees
- Build emails, registration forms/microsites, coordinate invitation lists and manage registrations
- Create and maintain briefing documents, project plans, budgets and reports
- Manage event branding, merchandise and onsite materials (e.g. name badges and attendee packs) Collaborate with colleagues in design, content and digital marketing to prepare marketing and event materials
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Ability to learn as they work
- Flexible for both the company and customers
- Strong team working ability
- Confident phone manner
- Flexibility and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- 25 hours per week
- Office opening hours are Monday-Friday (9am-5.30pm). Contracted 25 hours will be split over the 4 days.
- National Minimum Wage rates apply.
- 6 Months Kickstart Scheme
- Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme.
- You can also find out more information on the kickstart scheme from your work coach at Universal Credit.