As part of the Kickstart scheme, KOL Social is looking for a Junior web & app developer with passion, drive and enthusiasm to join the web and app development team to support the delivery of our client websites and apps
KOL Social is a cultural magazine for people of colour. A voice for diverse groups, the quarterly publication is committed to sharing the experiences and perspectives of Black, Asian and Ethnic groups from around the world. A combination of stunning photography and ground-breaking stories, the KOL Social provides lifestyle, entertainment news, reviews and social commentary. It is sold in retail outlets in the UK nationwide as well as from the website.
The primary function of this department is to build secure, cutting-edge websites and apps using the world’s most trusted technology, and also support our clients with hosting and website care.
The role will be varied supporting across KOL Social clients and projects with:
- Updating WordPress websites using CMS
- Uploading content as part of website build projects
- Assisting with the ongoing development of software and coding standards
- Participating in quality control activities such as testing user acceptance testing
- Assisting with creating websites that look good and convert well.
- Assisting with updating existing websites.
- Assisting with project management of website builds
- Communicating regularly with other team members.
- Communicating via email and telephone with clients, when required.
- Assisting with basic support to a wide range of clients with the day to day running of their websites and hosting.
- Support with improvements and maintenance of our internal websites/systems.
- Management of tasks on Trello
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Ability to learn as they work
- Flexible for both the company and customers
- Strong team working ability
- Confident phone manner
- Flexibility and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- 25 hours per week
- Office opening hours are Monday-Friday (9am-5.30pm). Contracted 25 hours will be split over the 4 days.
- National Minimum Wage rates apply.
- 6 Months Kickstart Scheme
- Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme.
- You can also find out more information on the kickstart scheme from your work coach at Universal Credit.