As part of the Kickstart scheme, KOL Social is looking for a Marketing & Business Development Manager with passion, drive and enthusiasm to join the KOL Social team to support the office. Training in systems will be given in the role and there will also be other opportunities to work alongside other departments of the business where necessary.
KOL Social is a cultural magazine for people of colour. A voice for diverse groups, the quarterly publication is committed to sharing the experiences and perspectives of Black, Asian and Ethnic groups from around the world. A combination of stunning photography and ground-breaking stories, the KOL Social provides lifestyle, entertainment news, reviews and social commentary. It is sold in retail outlets in the UK nationwide as well as from the website.
The role sits within the Marketing team who are responsible for the revenue and profitability of our consumer products and services and for all activity that underpins the various elements of our consumer marketing programme. You will be working directly within the director of the company on magazine subscriptions, events and all other products and services that the company offers.
- Support marketing across all areas including creative, briefing, analysis, journeys and research.
- Set up, brief, and QC all marketing campaigns from end to end.
- Support briefing marketing campaigns across all channels – online and offline
- Understand the current and emerging marketing channels to support consumer sales (magazine subscriptions and products)
- Manage the CMS updates across campaign web pages
- Conduct competitor analysis and feed this back to senior stakeholders
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Update all monthly marketing reporting with key reporting metrics and a detailed summary
- Support the team by producing monthly benchmarking reports across various channels
ECOMMERCE AND CUSTOMER JOURNEY QUALITY CONTROL
- Support testing new functionality and releases on thekolsocial.com
- Embrace emerging digital technologies
- Test customer journey across all marketing channels
- QC marketing ads across all channels
- Conduct regular audits across search and marketing channels flagging issues and opportunities
- To communicate with clients across different platforms, including email and telephone
- Manage and organise incoming and outgoing post
- Be a point of contact for clients and ensure customer queries are answered within time constraints a
- Ad hoc office duties and any other ad hoc assignments from Line managers and Director
- Passion and understanding of Ecommerce and Digital Marketing
- Analytical and data driven
- Excellent communicator
- Willing to test and learn
- Previous experience of working with a fulfilment bureau is desirable but not essential
Ideal as a first job, you will learn quickly and be exposed to all aspects of a fast-paced, fully digital marketing programme and will be trained on the job by our wider team of first class digital marketeers.
- 25 hours per week
- Office opening hours are Monday-Friday (9am-5.30pm). Contracted 25 hours will be split over the 4 days.
- National Minimum Wage rates apply.
- 6 Months Kickstart Scheme
- Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme.
- You can also find out more information on the kickstart scheme from your work coach at Universal Credit.