The Advertising Sales Manager will help us develop and generate business for the Business Directory in the KOL Social magazine. This involves searching for business opportunities and prospects in the areas of marketing and advertising. Supporting the Publishing Editor, the candidate will learn business development and sales; researching leads and prospects, data entry and management; cold calling, preparing presentations and business meetings. (Covid-19 restrictions permitting).
This is a great opportunity to develop your sales skills and earn generous commission on all sales you do.
KOL Social is a cultural magazine for people of colour. A voice for diverse groups, the quarterly publication is committed to sharing the experiences and perspectives of Black, Asian and Ethnic groups from around the world. A combination of stunning photography and ground-breaking stories, the KOL Social provides lifestyle, entertainment news, reviews and social commentary. It is sold in retail outlets in the UK nationwide as well as from the website.
- The Advertising sales Managers will join the advertising team here to support the continued growth of Business Directory. With guidance and support from Publishing Editor you will actively be involved in all aspects of delivering the marketing communications and campaigns to sell advertising space within KOL Social magazine
- You will get involved in the running of marketing campaigns from receiving briefs, setting objectives, budgets and timescales.
- Be passionate about media and have an interest in developing client relationships which ensures we provide the best service.
- Basic IT skills like, Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/email and WordPress
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Ability to learn as they work
- Flexible for both the company and customers
- Strong team working ability
- Confident phone manner
- Flexibility and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- 25 hours per week
- Office opening hours are Monday-Friday (9am-5.30pm). Contracted 25 hours will be split over the 4 days.
- National Minimum Wage rates apply.
- 6 Months Kickstart Scheme
- Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme.
- You can also find out more information on the kickstart scheme from your work coach at Universal Credit.