As part of the Kickstart scheme, KOL Social is looking for Trainee Marketing Assistants with passion, drive and enthusiasm to join the team.
KOL Social is a cultural magazine for people of colour. A voice for diverse groups, the quarterly publication is committed to sharing the experiences and perspectives of Black, Asian and Ethnic groups from around the world. A combination of stunning photography and ground-breaking stories, the KOL Social provides lifestyle, entertainment news, reviews and social commentary. It is sold in retail outlets in the UK nationwide as well as from the website.
The role sits within the Marketing team who are responsible for the revenue and profitability of our consumer products and services and for all activity that underpins the various elements of our consumer marketing programme. You will be working directly within the director of the company on magazine subscriptions, events and all other products and services that the company offers.
- Support marketing across all areas including creative, briefing, analysis, journeys and research.
- Support briefing marketing campaigns across all channels – online and offline
- Support consumer sales (magazine subscriptions and products)
- Help manage the CMS updates across campaign web pages
- Update all monthly marketing reporting with key reporting metrics and a detailed summary
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Ability to learn as they work
- Flexible for both the company and customers
- Strong team working ability
- Confident phone manner
- Flexibility and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- 25 hours per week
- Office opening hours are Monday-Friday (9am-5.30pm). Contracted 25 hours will be split over the 4 days.
- National Minimum Wage rates apply.
- 6 Months Kickstart Scheme
- Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme.
- You can also find out more information on the kickstart scheme from your work coach at Universal Credit.