Working as part of the digital team, the Trainee Social Media Content Managers will contribute to the social media strategy for all KOL and partner brands including cosmetics and lifestyle magazines. The successful candidate will learn how to create and distribute engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web page and blog content, or social media messages and posts.
KOL Social is a cultural magazine for people of colour. A voice for diverse groups, the quarterly publication is committed to sharing the experiences and perspectives of Black, Asian and Ethnic groups from around the world. A combination of stunning photography and ground-breaking stories, the KOL Social provides lifestyle, entertainment news, reviews and social commentary. It is sold in retail outlets in the UK nationwide as well as from the website.
As a Social Media Content Manager for KOL Social, your role and training will include the day-to-day creation and curation of timely and original video-led content for the various social media channels, with a focus on KOL Social and sister publications
- Working closely with the Publishing Editor, you’ll assist in the day-to-day creation and curation of content on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and newsletter accounts across the portfolio.
- Generate compelling and engaging social media content and help to manage a fast-paced and reactive schedule.
- Take an active role in the planning and scheduling of content
- Basic video editing and reformatting content for social platforms.
- Obtain media assets and check clearances for use within content creation.
- Present ideas, pitches and proposals for creative content development.
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Ability to learn as they work
- Flexible for both the company and customers
- Strong team working ability
- Confident phone manner
- Flexibility and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- 25 hours per week
- Office opening hours are Monday-Friday (9am-5.30pm). Contracted 25 hours will be split over the 4 days.
- National Minimum Wage rates apply.
- 6 Months Kickstart Scheme
- Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme.
- You can also find out more information on the kickstart scheme from your work coach at Universal Credit.