As part of the Kickstart scheme, KOL Social is looking for a Website Content Writer with passion, drive and enthusiasm to join the web development team to support the delivery of our client websites and apps
KOL Social is a cultural magazine for people of colour. A voice for diverse groups, the quarterly publication is committed to sharing the experiences and perspectives of Black, Asian and Ethnic groups from around the world. A combination of stunning photography and ground-breaking stories, the KOL Social provides lifestyle, entertainment news, reviews and social commentary. It is sold in retail outlets in the UK nationwide as well as from the website.
The primary function of this department is to build secure, cutting-edge websites and apps using the world’s most trusted technology, and also support our clients with hosting and website care.
We are looking for a remote working freelance content writer to join our team to :
- enrich our websites with new blog posts, guides and marketing copy
- enrich our sales and marketing assets
Content Writer responsibilities include conducting thorough research on news topics, generating ideas for new content types, working with internal cross functional teams and thoroughly proofreading assets before publication. You will deliver high quality copy that appeals to our audiences, attracts customers and increases brand awareness.
- Research news topics
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to management for input and approval
- Source media assets to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Author LinkedIn posts to help drive customer traffic to website content
- Identify customer needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Ability to learn as they work
- Flexible for both the company and customers
- Strong team working ability
- Confident phone manner
- Flexibility and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- 25 hours per week
- Office opening hours are Monday-Friday (9am-5.30pm). Contracted 25 hours will be split over the 4 days.
- National Minimum Wage rates apply.
- 6 Months Kickstart Scheme
- Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme.
- You can also find out more information on the kickstart scheme from your work coach at Universal Credit.